The "Farmers Insurance News-Alert" website is dedicated to providing the consumer and general public with detailed information concerning the Farmers Insurance Group. This includes fraud reports, consumer complaints, lawsuit's and other legal actions taken against this company. All information contained herein is for educational purposes only. Original sources, when known are sited.


Recent Storms Raise Howeowners Insurance Questions

ELM GROVE, Wis. (Nov. 11, 1998) — When homes are pummeled by wind and rain, many Wisconsin homeowners may be concerned about the insurance protection they have for their properties. If you have Farmers' homeowners insurance, your homeowners policy should offer peace of mind. Most Farmers' policies cover storm damages to your home from wind, rain, hail, lightning, falling objects and breaking glass.

"If the wind rips off your roof and the rain saturates your living room furniture, no problem," said Doug Ashbridge, Farmers' Wisconsin State Executive Director. "If a tree falls on your deck, you have coverage. Insurance is supposed to provide peace of mind for events like this recent storm."

If your home is damaged, Ashbridge suggests you take steps right away to prevent further losses. Remove trees and other debris, put plastic over holes and board up broken windows so rain and wind won't ruin more of your possessions. Be sure to keep damaged items and receipts for repairs to give to your claims professional. This information is important in order to complete your claim accurately and quickly.

Storm damage to cars, including flood damage, is covered if customers have comprehensive coverage in their auto policy.

How can you tell whether the damage to your home will be covered? Call your agent or the National Catastrophe Claims Center at 1-888-344-4343 as soon as possible to report the damage. Farmers will send a claims professional to look at your property to determine the cause and extent of the damage. The amount you will receive is determined by the coverages you selected in your policy.

"Your insurance should give you a sense of security, not anxiety," said Ashbridge. "Let your agent and claims professional provide any assistance and advice they can. They're there to help."


Attention! All information contained herein is for educational purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended by any material on these pages. The copyrights of the whole multimedia content on these pages are belonging to their originators, authors, creators... etc. All original content is the property of it's originators. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only. This website is best viewed with your monitor resolution set to 800x600 and your video mode set to true color.